<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

what a difference a day makes... 

Man, I just typed this post, and Blogger lost it, so now I've got to type it again.

Anyway. What a difference a day and about 20 degrees makes. I brought the tomatoes inside yesterday morning, and as of today at 4:30 pm, every single one of them has sprouted. Sorry, you poor little guys, I didn't know!

The seeds have shifted themselves around a bit. I tried to put them in the cups uniformly spaced, but several of them have seemed to cozy up to one another and sprouted cheek-to-cheek.

My 14-month-old son has been helping me out in the backyard soon-to-be garden paradise. He runs around with sticks and stones and does all sorts of things that nana probably wouldn't approve of. This afternoon he found one of last year's rotten tomatoes, and had it in his mouth before I could tackle him and wrestle it away from him. He's great company when I'm out there.

Stopped off at Borders on my way home from work today, and bought even more gardening books. These were in the remainder bins though, so I got three books for less than $10. Plus another cool book that I'll talk about in a couple of days.

I don't know what to do with myself until (hopefully) frost-free late May. There's a lot of un-fun stuff left to do, like cleaning up the back yard. Or maybe washing and sterilizing last year's containers. And making a couple of trips to the dump. Ack.

I plan to weed-eat in the next couple of days, if nothing else. I want to nip that shit in the bud this year, so to speak. The weeds were so high in the back last year that you couldn't even open the gate and had to squeeze through.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?