<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Garden helper 



Finally, I've got my shit together and can post some photos. This is my son Jake, helping as only he can. Everything I do takes ten times as long as it should when he's around. Rock borders? Fuhgeddaboutit! He thinks you're laying down rocks just to make it easier for him to find them and chuck them about. Sharp objects? He's all over 'em like crap in a diaper. I love him, though. He keeps me company, and for the most part, he stays out of trouble.



His favorite thing to do outside--besides running around with sharp sticks--is moving dirt from one pot and putting it in another pot. A very Zen-like activity.

So I had to wait until he went to sleep last night before attempting anything as delicate as repotting my tomato seedlings. I buried them in deep, and divided up the ones that were more than two to a cup. Now I've got more black cherry tomatoes than I know what to do with. I'll either give them away, or wind up planting them.

Notes for next spring: tomatoes I'll probably start in peat pellets, because they'll wind up needing re-potting before going in the ground anyway. The squashes I'll start in bigger cups. The peppers can probably go in pellets also.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?